Outlook Live Update, August 10th, 2011
Since the launch on May 16, over 1581 LDCSB staff have logged-in to the Spirit Microsoft Outlook Web Application. Thank you for supporting the new system.
All is running smoothly and the program is ready for everyone to use for their email, contacts and calendar. Please use your Outlook Web App calendar for any 2011-2012 scheduling. You will find tutorials for how to use Outlook Live and the Outlook 2010 Client in the Links section of this webpage.
1. End of June Autoreply: ICT had set up a Board-wide “Autoreply” message so when someone sends an email to your old email address, they automatically receive a message stating the address is no longer in use, and an example of the new email address structure is displayed and explained.
2. Voice Mail and Faxes: as of August 8th voice mail messages no longer go to First Class; all voice mail and faxes now go to the Microsoft Outlook Web Application. Double-click the .mp3 file to hear your voice mail message, just as you would have done in First Class.
3. First Class: The ability to send and receive messages in First Class ended August 8th, 2011. You can still login to First Class and access your old e-mail, contacts and conferences, but you can not send or add new content.
Actions Required by You:
1. Start using the Outlook-Live Web Application (First time log-in instructions) (Web Application Basic Instructions)
2. Log-in to Microsoft Outlook-Live Web Mail by clicking the link on the Sprit Home page. When you are asked to provide a new password, enter your current Board network password.
If you have any questions, please call the Help Desk at x41111.